UPDATED!**PLEASE NOTE: I HAVE NOW UPDATED THIS TUTORIAL AND MADE EASIER DIRECTIONS TO FOLLOW! FOR THE NEW TUTORIAL PLEASE [CLICK HERE]**
To create this lampshade for my Daughter's room, I used just a simple plain white shade from Target brand's "RE" collection. The clear bubble lamp base is also from Target in their lighting section.
Other items you will need to create this project:
- glue gun & glue sticks
- 3 to 5 yards of the fabric of your choice
(I used pink gauze fabric for mine)
How to make fabric roses:
1. Cut a small slit into the fabric in the same direction
as the seams in the fabric run
2. Tear the fabric into 1 inch strips, this allows the fabric
to have a frayed edge on both sides
3. Twist the fabric strips
...as if you would do when you twirl your hair
4. After you have twisted the strip of fabric, place it on a table, with your hands on either end of the strip. With your left finger, hold the end of the left side of the strip down. With your right hand, wrap the remainder of the strip of fabric around the center starting point (while keeping it twisted). This should create a cinnamon bun effect. To hold the flower securely together, place dots of glue using a hot glue gun every so often while assembling it together.
5. Once you come to the end of the fabric, glue the excess amount onto the back of the rose, holding it all together & giving it a more finished look
TIP: To create various sizes of roses, take your torn strips and cut them to different lengths.
After you have completed putting all of your roses together, start hot gluing them onto your lampshade in the pattern that you desire & you're finished!!
UPDATED SHABBY CHIC LAMP SHADE TUTORIAL
(with step by step instructions and pictures)